There must be a thousand different recipes for buffalo chicken dip. This one is by no means healthy but it’s pretty much the most delicious thing you could eat and it’s incredibly easy.
On Christmas day my sister in law asked me to help her get some of the appetizers ready. She worked on the bruschetta and I worked on the buffalo chicken dip. I also made Ina Garten’s stuffed mushrooms which are to die for, just fyi. This is essentially my sister in law’s recipe for buffalo chicken dip. I may have changed some of the measurements but she is the true mastermind behind this dip. To be honest I was never that thrilled by buffalo chicken dip. I mean it’s good and all but there are definitely other appetizers I’d rather be eating. But for some reason I couldn’t stop eating this one on Christmas day. So, I decided to make it again for New Year’s Eve and just as I suspected, it went over really well.
2 cups cooked chicken meat, diced or shredded into small bite size pieces (I use rotisserie chicken)
1 cup blue cheese dressing
2 8 oz. packages of softened cream cheese
1 cup buffalo hot sauce (like Frank’s)
1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the chicken meat, blue cheese dressing, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese together in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
4. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes until the dip is warm and the cheese on top is hot and bubbly.
5. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers or carrots and celery.