What is it about pizza that always makes me feel better? I can never say no to pizza and I’m pretty sure its universally liked by everyone.
When I’ve got no idea what to make for dinner, or I don’t feel like cooking, I always turn to my handy dandy pizza delivery place. But the other night I was feeling adventurous and thought, what if I make my own pizza? This week I decided to give it a go and I’m SO happy I did. It was the perfect mid-week pick me up.
Here’s how I made mine:
1. I bought the pizza dough from a local store around here (I didn’t bother making my own. I didn’t think I could taste much of a difference between the store bought and home made).
2. I rolled and stretched the pizza dough out. Okay, I’m not gonna lie, Matt, my husband worked in a pizzeria for awhile and so, he did this part. I figured out I’m not the best at rolling out the pizza dough. I’m sure I’ll improve with time, but it’s definitely harder than it looks!
3. Put the pizza dough on a pizza stone.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the top and add some minced or crushed garlic
5. Layer tomatoes
6. Layer fresh mozzarella
7. In between the mozzarella and tomatoes, dot the empty spots with basil pesto
8. Put into a 400 degree preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the crust is brown
Oh my gosh, it was so good!