I love fries. Recently though, I’ve started to order sweet potato fries instead of regular fries. At restaurants you usually get thin cut, deep fried sweet potato fries which are obviously delicious. But I’ve found an equally delicious and healthier way to make them at home. I apologize for the lack of measurements. I hate to measure.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. I hate cutting sweet potatoes so I buy them pre-cut into thick strips. Then I lay them out on a baking sheet – not touching each other.
3. Drizzle a good portion of Olive oil over the potatoes (just don’t over do it. You can always add more). Sprinkle with a generous portion of salt, pepper, and paprika. You may also add minced garlic.
4. Get your hands in it. massage the salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil all over the sweet potatoes. Make sure everything is coated evenly.
5. Put the sweet potatoes into the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes. They may not be done after 20 minutes, but you can always leave them in for longer. Better to check before they are burned. They are done when they look crispy and browned around the edges – almost burnt, but not quite.
6. Once you take them out of the oven, grate some parmesan cheese over the top and sprinkle with some fresh parsley (or dried parsley if you don’t have the fresh). Again, I just eyeball it. Whatever looks good to you – that’s how much you should add/grate.
7. EAT THEM!
You won’t be disappointed.